New wide-ranging amendments to the STCW rules, agreed by governments in Manila in 2010, are intended to ensure that STCW standards stay relevant, so that seafarers can continue to develop and maintain their professional skills. In particular, numerous changes are now being introduced to take account of technical developments that require new shipboard competences.
Seafarers revalidating their Certificate of Competency (CoC) will be required to follow additional courses to ensure that their CoC will be valid for service after 1st January 2017.
For more information please visit the web sites of the training centres:
- Bulgarian Maritime Training Center - Varna
- Maritime College “St. Nicholas” - Burgas
- Navibulgar Training Center - Varna
- South Bulgarian Maritime Education Center - Burgas
- Technical University - Varna
- Training Center Marstar - Varna
Please find attached a list of the additional trainings required: